Monday, January 7, 2013







HAPPY NEW YEAR! ;DD

        I believe it is important to set goals and always work on self-improvement but think about this: 
Why spend your time thinking of everything you want to change in your life? Why would you want to sit there and dwell on the negative things just because we have started a new year? I bet most of the stuff people make resolutions are things that they are unhappy with. Why would you want to tell yourself that you are not good enough YET? Do you really want to look back on this year only to point out later all of the things you intended to do but didn't accomplish? 

        Instead, why not focus on all the GOOD in your life? Focus on all the things you are grateful for? How about just appreciating where you are in life and accepting it? 
Don’t get me wrong - I am all for those of us who are making their resolutions to live healthier lives; I myself will be working hard in 2013 to achieve the goals I made for myself back in November. The difference is that I wanted to make these changes before the New Year. I don’t need all the extra pressure and stress added into my life just because the clock struck 12:00AM on a special day. 

        I feel it is much more important to just continue doing what I am doing and learn to embrace everything else around me. I do not want to start 2013 off by telling myself that I need to change this or that to “improve” my life. I just want to live my life normally and work on being happy, healthy, and confident no matter what stage of my life I am in. Every day is an opportunity, not just once a year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment